Patience and Perfect Timing

I've noticed that the kids are into drawing nowadays.

In the evening after we finish all their assignments and read basic words and sentences, I let them to draw whatever they want. Well, apparently they both ended up drawing dinosaurs and flowers and grass and trees and so on. 

I thought, why not take this moment to teach them to draw other things. 

And because I know that they both love animals, I thought I'll teach them to draw giraffe, lion, turtle (just because I saw my eldest trying to draw one), etc. 

I am into arts but not into drawing. And so here I am, searching you tube on how to step-by-step teach my kids to draw animals. 

As a mom I always seek opportunity and perfect timing to teach my kids different things. To read, write, draw or even simple housekeeping that they can do at home. 
I never force my kids to learn. I wait. Surprisingly they show me signs that they are ready to do certain things. And when they did, I immediately grab it!

I say, perfect timing is the key. 

I believe that this is also true to me. I can't help but remember how patient the Lord is to me. When I think about my younger years, I can't help but laugh at how stubborn I am. 

But God, in His mercy, waited patiently for me to learn my lesson and be ready for the new things that He wanted to teach me. 


Knowing that I am ready, he teaches me step-by-step and made sure that He is with me in every journey of my life. He never forces me because He is a true gentleman.

The bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven.

I praise God for who I am today. 

I can't imagine how messed up I could be if not for Him. 

God gave me purpose in life. He made sure that I will be the person that He wanted me to be.

I am forever grateful.

P.S.
Here's my kids artwork. (Mine on the right, theirs on the left) Not bad, huh!

By Duke

By Deuel

Comments

Popular Posts