My Personal Testimony

Growing up I knew I have a perfect happy family.
Though mom and dad are both working, we sure have time to go out, travel, went to church and visit their friends. 

My siblings and I would carelessly play with our cousins, go swimming in Laguna de Bay, biking, caroling, and other stuff a normal kid would  do during that time.

Every summer my cousins who happens to be a Christian attends in a church just a few meters away from our home. They would always invite us to attend VBS (Vacation Bible School) in which I feel okay since it is only for 2 hours maximum for 5 days.

This has been a habit ever since. I enjoyed attending because I am a very competitive as a child. I love being recognized and awarded. From most behave, best in art, best in memory verse, 3rd, 2nd and 1st honors, name it!

When I reached 12 and thought that I wasn’t a kid anymore, I decided to put my faith in another level. So from attending summer bible schools, I was advised to attend the Saturday Youth Service. I was young then but I know deep in my heart that this is the faith that I want.

By this time, while the Lord is building up my faith, I slowly saw my happy and perfect family deteriorating.

I have a high respect with my Dad. Something that I’ve seen and learned with my mom. My dad is very strict only when we did something bad. But most of the time he is just a cool dad. I have never seen my parents fight except for those time when my mom will call my dad, “Hoy, VISTA!”, but it is a rebuke with love. I know.

I can tell you a lot of fun times with my family. The things that we do. The places we go to, etc. I can never stop. Bottom-line is, we are happy, I am happy.
Until, the unexpected happens.

Mom and Dad separated. Everything went upside down.

As a 14 year old teen, that was the most painful.

But I’ve kept it in my heart.

Because I trusted the One who is faithful. I trust the Lord that He can fix everything.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

John 15:16 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit -- fruit that will last -- and so that whatever you as in my name the Father will give you.

Years passed.

While my family is breaking apart, my relationship with the Lord becomes stronger.

Yes, at some point, I questioned why?!

If He is an All Powerful, then why can’t He fix this?

Through all this I remain in the Lord. By His grace I was able to build a relationship with Him. I go to church, joined every youth activities, go to Bible studies and even held my own bible studies (that is how insane I was for the Lord) and become part of different ministries.

Until one time, a question struck me… I know it is the Lord speaking to me. He said, “Jowee will you be willing to follow me even if I don’t fix your family?”

I burst into tears. I wanted to say “yes” but I can’t.

My journey as a Christian has not been easy.

Since I’m a product of broken relationship, I search for love. I’ve been into 3 different relationships with a lot of compromising.

Yes, I compromise the TRUTH. I compromise my faith. And even forget my worth.

Just like any other stories, you will come into a point where you become tired. Tired of doing the wrong things and against the will of God.

In this part of my life, I’ve been so amazed on how deep the love of Christ for me.
There I was, filthy as a rug, ashamed, sinful, but God meet me.

Isaiah 1:18 - …"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

He will never let me go.

“Why me, Lord?” I asked.

“Because you are special. Because I love you and I lay my own life for you”, He said.

I’ve struggled so many times I cannot count.

Bruised so many time.

I’ve hold on to my sins even if it’s painful.

Even if it hurts so much that I can’t bear.

Then I hear the Lord telling me, “My daughter, it’s time to let go.”

Deep in my heart I wanted to let go, I wanted to follow and do what pleases Him.

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Faith works.

I trust.

And obey.

Then I let go and let God works in my life.

He’s been amazing for the past 6 years of my life.

I am now married with 2 wonderful kids with someone I’ve been praying to God and still serving in the ministry with my family.

Truly, God is Amazing!

To God Be The Glory.




Comments

Popular Posts